EngLee's Path

A blog about Eng Lee's life, a freelance programmer in Royal Klang Town (Malaysia).


Sunday, May 31, 2009

Which Way?


Lots of things happened in the past few months since my last post. I turned down one partnership offer and took up another offer in a non-IT business (don't feel like disclose the detail here right now, unless I go to create a new anonymous blog..).

This is a question I have been asking myself all the while. Should I really go into another business when I know what I really want is to develop my own software house?

My IT projects are going well. New projects keep coming. The new non-IT business started 2 months ago and the sales started to build up already too. I'm feeling damned happy about it, but at the same time, I felt a little lost.

I'm worried that I'll lose both because I can't concentrate on one. It's the same dilemma I had when I decided to leave Genting almost a year ago (wow... didn't realised I left Genting for so long already).

When I review my IT task list today, I realised that my IT projects haven't progress much since I last updated the list 2 weeks ago, because the other business is taking up more and more of my time. My partner is putting all his effort in the business. I put most of my effort in it too. Staying up late night in the office is a norm now. Even my parents who would always call me back home for dinner don't do it anymore.

On the other side, I will have to start an IT office soon, so that I could begin hiring people to help me on the projects. I find myself struggling to meet project due dates. I can't abandon the projects after they put so much faith in me....

So, which way? Have to seriously put some thought on my next step.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home