EngLee's Path

A blog about Eng Lee's life, a freelance programmer in Royal Klang Town (Malaysia).


Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Golf Golf Golf


After my virgin visit to golf course few months ago, I have stopped playing golf for a while until recently, I'm back again. I have been to Bukit Jelutong golf course for the fourth time now, in the past few weeks, almost once a week.

Still need some time to get used to this kind of EXPENSIVE sport (it is known to be expensive sport, right?), especially when I'm still considering whether to get a new iron set OR to buy a second hand Nike Slingshot iron set OR to get a very cheap golf set from my friend. Suggestions? If I don't get any iron set soon, it would take a long time for me to improve.

Another thing to headache would be whether to pay for a lesson from professionals. It would costs me few hundreds again.

Luckily, it's not too expensive to play at a low quality course which is for beginners. It costs me only RM30 per 9-hole session. Looking forward to play at other course but I really need to practice to make my swing more consistent.

Just been there again this morning. Played very badly today. Partly because of the very hot weather. Partly because we reach the place quite late, didn't have enough time to swing at driving range first. Lost three balls. Two to the pond. One to the bushes. Now I know why my friend asked me to buy more balls. Didn't know that one would lose so many ball in one session. Maybe it's just me!

--

Have been quite busy for nothing recently. I feel like my schedule is always full but accomplished nothing. Have to be more focus on achieving what I need to achieve. It's already the fourth month since I left Genting. I need to see more RESULTS!!!

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At Thursday, October 23, 2008 7:17:00 AM, Blogger Felix Leong said…

    Can feel your frustration of working yet not able to see results yet. At times like this it's all about persistence, I guess.

    Or if the situation doesn't looked right or getting downhill, it'd be a good time to take a step back and view/analyse the situation.

    (You may like to read this article: http://www.fourhourworkweek.com/blog/2008/10/03/harnessing-entrepreneurial-manic-depression-making-the-rollercoaster-work-for-you/)

    As for golf, it's nice to hear that you are enjoying it :). If you enjoyed the game a lot and your budget plan can accommodate the expenses that comes with it, by all means, just spend the money. I would look at this expenditure as a motivation and passion to look forward to earn more money.

    Till then, keep in touch! :)

     
  • At Thursday, October 23, 2008 9:45:00 AM, Blogger EngLee said…

    Thanks for the article. It's a good one, my friend. It would be useful to me in the future, but at the moment, I'm just LAZY. Haha. Procrastination is my main problem now.

    As for the spending, I have a saving target to achieve. I don't have much budget for spending now. All I'm trying to do is to get positive numbers every month, so that I could achieve my target. If I don't get any project fee, I am NOT going to spend! Think that would be the easiest thing to do now. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home