EngLee's Path

A blog about Eng Lee's life, a freelance programmer in Royal Klang Town (Malaysia).


Thursday, January 01, 2009

A Whole New Year


2008 had been a wonderful year for me. It is the year that I really left the comfort zone to be in a whole new unpredictable world, though I actually planned to do it in 2007.

Since I joined this new world in July 2007, I find myself keep looking for excuses for not doing my best for my own company. I should be glad to work for myself, which is what I really want all the while. Discipline is certainly one of my biggest problems I'll have to overcome.

Maybe I'll have to list down some of the few things I want to accomplish in 2009. I'm not sure how useful are new year resolutions, and I never believe in writing it before.

Here are the few things that I hope to accomplish in 2009 (and I shall review them by end of 2009!):

  1. Lose procrastination attitude and stay motivated to accomplish my monthly financial goal.

  2. Abide by the schedule I created for myself. Be discipline!

  3. Complete all projects on time.

  4. Setup my own software development office.

  5. Lose my belly and build a strong and healthy body. Aim for body weight of 75kg, by visiting gym at least twice a week.

  6. Read at least one book a month.

  7. Get Competent Communicator title in Toastmaster.


Is that all? I'm not sure, but these will be my direction in 2009 and I will take 100% responsibility to achieve them!

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • At Friday, January 02, 2009 7:55:00 AM, Blogger Felix Leong said…

    Define "book" :)

    No, really, I'm serious. Focus on genre, average page size and whether reading cover-to-cover is necessary to fulfill that criteria.

    Better still, especially in your case, it's best to define a "mandatory" reading list for the year (about 5-9 books would do).

    p/s: Greatly recommend you get 4 Hour Work Week by Timothy Ferriss and Getting Things Done by David Allen at this stage)

     
  • At Sunday, January 11, 2009 7:22:00 PM, Blogger leileichu said…

    Now what your weight...? ;-P

    From you picture, obviously you gain a bit... hehe

     
  • At Sunday, January 11, 2009 10:25:00 PM, Blogger EngLee said…

    Felix,

    I have read 4 Hour Work Week by Tim Ferriss halfway. Didn't manage to finish it because it's a e-book. :)

    Currently reading the famous Think and Grow Rich, a book I wanted to read long time ago, but it's a little boring compared to the book by Jack Canfield. Maybe the stories are a little too old. Or probably the English.

    LeiLei,

    You are obviously wrong. I didn't gain weight in term of kilograms for a long time, but I don't know why my face look fatter. Hehe. Actually, the resolution is just an excuse for me to go for sports more often (I enjoy sports)!

     
  • At Thursday, January 15, 2009 12:53:00 PM, Blogger Lim Fang-Yin said…

    Practically, sports like badminton is bad for health (but it does help you stay in shape), these sports often exercise certain part of the body excessively..... and the injuries will be apparent as you age.

    I did finish several comic books last week.

     
  • At Thursday, January 15, 2009 1:15:00 PM, Blogger EngLee said…

    I like badminton because it's a game, instead of a single man sport. It's the competition in the game that drives you to play harder.

    I don't read comics!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home