EngLee's Path

A blog about Eng Lee's life, a freelance programmer in Royal Klang Town (Malaysia).


Monday, January 19, 2009

Donated RM30 to APT


WARNING: This is a complaint blog post. Stop reading if you are busy.

I have been a loyal customer of APT for more than 4 years (maybe longer, I can't recall my previous barber before them). I don't have specific hairstyle that I want nor I have high requirement for good look. Maybe that's the reason I could stay with them for so long.

Loyal with them because of what?

For their price that goes up from RM18 to RM30?

For their hairstylist who never recognise me and treat me like I'm new everytime I'm there?

Or for their unfriendly hairstylist?

It's actually for the convenience of walking distance from my house (so, it's actually loyal for no reason).

Although I would get a different hairstylist and get myself a different hairstyle every time I visit them, I have never get the experience I'm getting today. The hairstylist actually cut very little hair off my head then put on some hair gel and assume it's done.

When I commented on it, she give so many excuses for not cutting my hair any shorter. Maybe she's the "professional" hairstylist who think for the best look for the customer, but I am not sure why I should spend 20 minutes and spent RM30 there, if I don't get my hair much shorter that I expected.

OK, I might look so damn cool for this week. By next week, I'll need to get another haircut again? Think for the sake of my wallet.

My advice to hairstylists, we are not artists. We don't get our haircut every day or every week. So do it properly. Besides that, I can't shape my hair like a artist and visit bank HQ to negotiate for big deals. All I need is just a formal look. Not everyone wants to look like the coolest artist in town.

So, to keep myself happy, I'll just assume I have DONATED RM30 to them.

My compliant ends. Please comment on this issue. Would you prefer a reliable Indian barber than this kind of service?

Labels:

6 Comments:

  • At Monday, January 19, 2009 10:54:00 PM, Blogger huibee said…

    hahaha.. take more photos this week la
    i want to see how cool it is
    at best you take, if you havent gone to bath, the one she styled for you : P

    indian barber ar..
    better not, although they are cheap
    but i think they are more suitable for papa.. haha

    maybe, maybe go to the one at eng ann, ask mama la
    (the one i straighten my hair 2 years ago)
    i'd been there once and feel they are quite friendly..
    plus, they are "negotiable", like the length or style of your hair
    (only price is not)

     
  • At Monday, January 19, 2009 11:07:00 PM, Blogger EngLee said…

    Not anything cool. I washed my hair immediately, right after I reached home!

     
  • At Tuesday, January 20, 2009 11:36:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My wife went to ACA (A Cut Above) and got charged RM75 to have some junior wash her hair and put some gel on. She initially wanted to get a trim. God knows how much that would cost. Never again! So yeah... 'professional' hairstylists are overrated. I prefer a barber or the auntie hairstylist anytime.

     
  • At Tuesday, January 20, 2009 7:45:00 PM, Blogger Felix Leong said…

    Personally I prefer to go to those express cut barbers that had loyalty cards - They wouldn't bother me with the extra service and stuff. :p

     
  • At Monday, February 16, 2009 5:48:00 PM, Blogger Lim Fang-Yin said…

    I'm a loyal customer to Indian barbershop, so loyal that I never entered any modern hair beauty shop. Till now they still charge me on student price, RM8 only.

    Though it still gives me shiver when they shave my sideburns using the razor.

     
  • At Sunday, March 22, 2009 5:58:00 AM, Blogger zbjernak said…

    hehehehehehehe..i was once... their customer too...

    then i went somewhere... and the last few, i had it in JB and also bandar baru klang.

    indian barber... very long never went liao lo... they only offer, 1,2,3,or 4 niah

     

Post a Comment

<< Home