EngLee's Path

A blog about Eng Lee's life, a freelance programmer in Royal Klang Town (Malaysia).


Sunday, October 09, 2005

Gua Tempurung (Tempurung Caves)


This is another unplanned trip. This time I was with my collegues. It was last Saturday (01.10.2005) when we woke up early in the morning to start our journey to Sungai Buloh highway rest house to meet another group of colleagues before we head to Gua Tempurung.

The Gang

There were 4 of them following my car. They are Swee Hong (coursemate), Chee Wei (secondary school mate), Yuan Hui (Chee Wei's sister + colleague) and Seh Hui (colleague).

Sook Lan (colleague), Keh Yong (Sook Lan's husband), Hui Ying (colleague) and 2 so-called ABC (American Borned Chinese) were in another car.

In The Caves

We reached the place at around 10:40am. There were a number of different tour guide packages. Sook Lan went to the place before and she suggested that we should take the toughest one. As we entered the cave, the environment reminded me of my previous caving at Dark Caves. The smell of guano was quite similar. The ranger who brought us showed us lots of natural shapes on the wall of the caves. We spent most of the time walking the stairs in the beginning.

As we move deeper to the cave, we were asked to turn off our torch light. That's the most interesting thing to do in caves actually. We walk a short path blindly. I can't see anything even when I wave my hand in front of my eyes. How fun!

After 2 hours of stair case path, the journey became tougher. We came to a place where we have to slide down a slope with about 4 meter high. I guess this was supposed to be the toughest thing to do in the cave. Then, when we were about to get out from the caves, we had to crawl through many shallow holes where I almost had my head hit. Luckily it was not raining in the morning; else we might get ourselves totally wet with those water with guano!

The most unfortunate thing that ever happened in the cave was the ranger's torch light spoilt! However, we managed it to the end safely though some of us get some minor injuries.

The feeling when we saw the light (when we were about to get out) was extremely great! When we got out (it was around 3:00pm), we washed ourselves before heading to Ipoh for a meal. It was really a great trip for me as I was waiting to visit Gua Tempurung since long ago. I'll be glad to go again. Anybody?

6 Comments:

  • At Monday, October 10, 2005 1:11:00 PM, Blogger zbjernak said…

    tht is cool..
    alays wanted to go
    ...sigh

    watched the movie... "the cave"?

     
  • At Monday, October 10, 2005 1:33:00 PM, Blogger EngLee said…

    Hehehe. Never! It's been quite long since I watched the last movie. I don't like to watch movies actually. But, if you are going to experience "the cave", call me along. I thought Yuan Hui asked you all about it? Why you are not joining then?

     
  • At Monday, October 17, 2005 10:50:00 AM, Blogger zbjernak said…

    i was away for company trip leh

     
  • At Monday, October 17, 2005 10:53:00 AM, Blogger EngLee said…

    Oh. No problem, the cave is always open. And I'll be glad to go again!

     
  • At Saturday, October 22, 2005 1:50:00 PM, Blogger Nancy said…

    That sounds so scary to me! Were there bats too???

    Sorry I missed your birthday. It looks like you had a great time! My birthday was October 8th and I am twice as old as you! UGH...LOL

    It was nice to hear from you. Things have been crazy here and I have not been keeping up.

    I cannot believe it was your first time for Mexican food! It is my favorite.

    Hope you have a good weekend!

     
  • At Monday, October 24, 2005 9:14:00 AM, Blogger EngLee said…

    There were lots of bats hanging on top of the caves. We don't really look at them because we might blind them if we torch our light toward them.

    Yea. I really had a great time for my birthday and Mexican food was GREAT.

    Just been to hill climbing for the weekend. Will update my trip soon.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home