EngLee's Path

A blog about Eng Lee's life, a freelance programmer in Royal Klang Town (Malaysia).


Monday, August 15, 2005

University of Malaya Convocation 2005


Yesterday was the last day of University of Malaya (UM) convocation. It was also my girlfriend’s convocation day. Woke up early in the morning to have our breakfast at Berkley Corner. We were early that day, to reach the UM at 7:15am.

After she got herself ready, she went in to the hall with her parents. Spent hours wandering around with her sister when she was in the hall. Luckily the stalls were many enough to fill up my waiting time. They were selling flowers, food and cloths. Bought nothing but some food to feed my stomach.

We were fortunate to be able to take pictures without haze that had hit whole Klang Valley heavily earlier few days. If you are not aware of that, the average Air Pollution Index (API) of Klang Valley has increased to more than 300 in the past few days due to forest burning in Indonesia. The weather was fine yesterday, slightly cloudy, made the photo taking session not too hot. She has lots from friends coming from Klang to attend and her convocation. I was the cameraman, taking hundred of photos.

Besides her friend, I saw a number of my friend as well. One of my colleague and also a number of my secondary friends were also there having their convocation or celebrating for their friends.

Everything was great until it rained heavily at around 1:30pm. We went to Midvalley to have our lunch after that. Did I mention about her course? She graduated with a first class degree in Bachelor of Science, majoring in Chemistry.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home