EngLee's Path

A blog about Eng Lee's life, a freelance programmer in Royal Klang Town (Malaysia).


Tuesday, July 19, 2005

A Naked Man


Just to share a weird man I've encountered a few days ago when I was coming back from Midvalley. After inserted the parking ticket to the machine, as usual, I drove directly to the exit. From far, I saw a dirty man standing at the road side soon after I left ticket machine. I was thinking that he's just an insane people. Then, as I get closer to him, I saw that he's not wearing any pants (I can actually saw his private part!), he's only covered with a dirty T-shirt with his beard and hair covering his face (He has a long and thick beard which makes him looks dirty). Then, he ran towards my car, trying to stop me! I don't even dare to look at him at that moment. I tried my best to accelerate my car to the maximum toward the main road. I really don't know whether he's insane or maybe somebody had just robbed him and ripped his cloths. My thinking is that if he's not insane, he would have covered his private part with that T-shirt. I think that I'm quite lucky because he didn't block my way when I was accelerating my car. However, hope that he is still ok right now.

What do you think about this man? Should I stop and try to help him? Has anybody encountered anything like this before?

10 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, July 19, 2005 11:13:00 PM, Blogger Din said…

    being a good samaritan nowadays can get you killed. maybe you can help him next time...but don't do it alone and do it safely.

     
  • At Wednesday, July 20, 2005 1:03:00 AM, Blogger Sze Hau said…

    I think it is not safe to stop and try to help him. Instead, you can always call police to have a look.

     
  • At Wednesday, July 20, 2005 2:14:00 AM, Blogger dayalan86 said…

    Well if you were alone, and it was at night, its better not to help...but get somebody else to help..in this case of course..the police..these days, you just cant go helping people like before because the fox is in disguise these days

     
  • At Wednesday, July 20, 2005 2:49:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Some men like to show their private parts to random people or strangers. This is called "flashing". I agree with szehau, you should inform the police and they can check up on him because anyway, exposing one's private parts in public is an offense under the law. If he's insane, you can't help him anyway.

     
  • At Wednesday, July 20, 2005 8:58:00 AM, Blogger Felix Leong said…

    For my experience, they are indeed very poor or mentally challenged people who can't afford to buy a good pair or pants. We have one of them back in my hometown. I'm sad to say that people often shun away from these poor souls. Thinking that does make me feel sad for that I did the very same thing (i.e. ignoring) like everyone else.

    But coming back to your case, you had made your best judgment for yourself, and guess that's what's important. Probably notifying the responsible authorities and management should you feel that something has to be done about it.

    That's my two cents.

     
  • At Wednesday, July 20, 2005 4:13:00 PM, Blogger Y1 said…

    hmmm, yeah better be safe than sorry

     
  • At Wednesday, July 20, 2005 5:17:00 PM, Blogger zbjernak said…

    luckily u never ram into him...else cannot imagine...

    luckily he never climb onto your car and then sit on your windscreen... else sure suey

    but anyway..i too will ignore him..

    saw one before in housing area..morning market...this grandpa..(perhaps 60++) show girls his private part... the vendor go and kick and whacked him and scolded him... but so sad..the grandpa has mental problem...

     
  • At Friday, July 22, 2005 12:11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    maybe he is a flasher that likes young man! hey...better be extra careful...hehe.
    thanks for dropping by my blog.

     
  • At Friday, July 22, 2005 2:17:00 PM, Blogger EngLee said…

    Next time, I guess the best solution should be to call police. Never thought of that when it happened in sudden.

    Thanks to everybody for dropping by.. :)

     
  • At Friday, July 29, 2005 9:49:00 AM, Blogger Nancy said…

    I would have gotten out of there and called the cops! Let the police handle him...Lucky it was you, (maybe not in your opinion) than a bunch of little girls or little old ladies! LOL

     

Post a Comment

<< Home