EngLee's Path

A blog about Eng Lee's life, a freelance programmer in Royal Klang Town (Malaysia).


Saturday, June 25, 2005

MSC Recruitment Fair for the ICT Industry 2005


Today, I spent my whole day with William (secondary school friend) at Putrajaya International Convention Center (PICC) for the job fair. In the hot sunny afternoon, we were asked to walk up the hill to the convention center. I guess, there isn't any car park lots up there! As we went in the building (this is our first visit to PICC), we can feel that the place is quite comfortable and spacious. We were required to do registration before going to the company booths. As I walked around with William, I noticed that he met a lot of his friend from Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman (UTAR) but I didn't meet any of my coursemates from Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM). Is this the difference between private and government institution? If yes, why is this so? Why they will go for those opportunities but not us? Perhaps all of my friends had got their ideal jobs?

After wandering around at the booth, we went to look for photostate machine to photocopy resume. They provide free photocopy services! Then, before we went back to the booths, we saw a some people giving speeches in halls that we passed by. We ended up spending our time listening to the speeches about entrepreneurship and didn't submit any of the resumes. Spent hours in the hall and finally left the place at around 5:00pm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home