EngLee's Path

A blog about Eng Lee's life, a freelance programmer in Royal Klang Town (Malaysia).


Tuesday, August 30, 2005

UTM Convocation


Picture of myself in red coloured gownFinally, the day has come. Very much earlier than the medal presentation day, we started our journey as early as 2:00am. Parents, younger sister, girl friend were going to my convocation with me yesterday. Though we were required to report in at 6:45am, we managed to reach Johor at 5:40am to bath and had our breakfast.

As soon as we reached the campus, I quickly prepare myself with my suit and the gown. At around 8:00am, all the graduates queued and walked in the hall. Our parents went in earlier than us. As I was walking in, I saw my parents smiled at me.

Our vice chancellor was punctual. The ceremony started with National song and a speech by vice chancellor. There are more than a thousand graduates who were going to receive their scroll that morning. I was the 616th to receive my scroll.

Our faculty (Faculty of Computer Science) was the one with the most first class degrees. I was one of them. I waited impatiently until finally it's our faculty's turn. We queued on the side of the stage. Walked up the stage one by one and receive the scroll from vice chancellor when our names were called. After a number of names from our faculty had been announced, there was a technical problem. They stopped announcing names. How sad! This made my convocation experience an unpleasant one.

It finally finished at 11:30am. It ended with our university song.

My housemates during my UTM daysI spent hours taking photos with my coursemates and my family. The photo session with my coursemates made me feel great.

We travelled back to Klang at 3:30pm, after I returned my gown and took my certificate. Another tiring yet memorable day.

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home