EngLee's Path

A blog about Eng Lee's life, a freelance programmer in Royal Klang Town (Malaysia).


Monday, August 22, 2005

My Convocation is Coming


It's my turn for convocation this coming weekend. Had been preparing for it in the past weeks. There are so many documents that has to be filled and mailed to them. It's sad that I still have to send those document in post office despite the technologies we currently have.

If you do not know, I've spent 4 years in Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM) for a bachelor degree of science (Computer Science). The university is located at Skudai, Johor, 4 hours or 360km away from my home, 30 minutes away from Singapore.

This coming Friday (22.08.2005), there will be a medal presentation event. Five of us (YiYang, CheeKuan, HooiNee, Lek and I) have planned to car-pool there. SweeHong, our good 'brother', will not be with us because he will be driving his parents there. Last Saturday, we came out to meet at SS2, just to discuss this matter. It will be a one-day trip.

Next event, our convocation, would be on Monday (29.08.2005). We all will travel there separately to drive our own parents there. I plan to drive there early in the morning. Some of them will be driving there a day earlier. On that day, we have to register ourselves at 6:45am. I think you can guess how early I will have to start my journey from Klang. The event will end at around 12:30pm. We shall have a photo session around the campus till evening, before travelling back. Hopefully all my coursemates will be there, taking pictures with me.

I really hope my friends in Klang would be able to be with me, but I know it's hard. It's on a working Monday. Will update again soon.

6 Comments:

  • At Monday, August 22, 2005 5:18:00 PM, Blogger Tiensoon said…

    Wishing you congratulation in advance. I'm sure that it will definitely be a tiring but memorable day to you :-)

    I also have a colleague from UTM, leaving for his convo in the coming week

     
  • At Monday, August 22, 2005 5:43:00 PM, Blogger EngLee said…

    Thanks. I'm not sure whether it would be memorable, but it's definitely TIRING.

     
  • At Monday, August 22, 2005 7:24:00 PM, Blogger Jack Golf Addix said…

    Always admire those who spend their time doing their degree. Congratulations a million in advance too. Wishing you a better journey after education phase. Welcome to the real employment world.

     
  • At Monday, August 22, 2005 11:02:00 PM, Blogger EngLee said…

    Thanks, man. Has been in employment world for a couple of months. Really hope can get back to the old study times. :)

     
  • At Tuesday, August 23, 2005 2:19:00 PM, Blogger zbjernak said…

    wah u drive there the day morning...why not going down one day earlier...spend a nite at local hotel lah
    will not be tht tiring...
    and ur parents...they have to be stuck inside the hall for 3/4 hours lah......

    hahahah

    CONGRATULATION TO YOU TOO....

    love the convo ceremony...love the malay traditional ban...very nice and grand song they played...

    hope u have a nice day....and also smile more when taking convo picture at studio ok

     
  • At Tuesday, August 23, 2005 2:28:00 PM, Blogger EngLee said…

    Thanks.

    I'm too late to find hotels. Those nearby are already full. Those in JB is very expensive and almost fully occupied. Lazy to call one by one to ask. Moreover my father prefer to travel early in the morning rather than night time. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home