EngLee's Path

A blog about Eng Lee's life, a freelance programmer in Royal Klang Town (Malaysia).


Sunday, August 28, 2005

Medal Presentation


Friday has been a very tiring day for me. I woke up at 3:30am to prepare myself to meet my coursemates at 4:30am. We chatted all the way from Klang to Skudai since we didn't meet each other for a number of weeks already. It's always nice to update each other about our current life.

We reached our campus (UTM) at 8:35am for convocation rehearsal which is supposed to start at 8:30am. They told us about some rules for the real convocation. It ended with a rehearsal by a number of students who volunteered themselves.

After the rehearsal, we walked over to the robe collection booth. I found myself queuing for almost an hour, before I was able to push myself out of the crowd. Next, we went over to Lucky Town, our favourite lunching restaurant during our campus life, to have our lunch.

The medal presentation event started at around 4:00pm. The event was like a Chinese students' gathering where I was able to meet most of my Chinese coursemates. It started with a speech by our Dean. From the event, I realised that there are so many of coursemates that did so well in their result, after 4 years studying together. There were even some who got 3.96. Our CPAs are shown on the projector display when the medals were presented to us.

As soon as each of us had gotten our medals, we spent the rest of the time taking photos in the hall. That was the time we got to chat with those long-time-no-see friends. A light meal is followed after that.

We began to travel back to Klang at around 6:30pm. It was a great day.

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home