EngLee's Path

A blog about Eng Lee's life, a freelance programmer in Royal Klang Town (Malaysia).


Monday, September 05, 2005

Independence Day


Malaysia's Independence Day (Hari Merdeka) falls on 31st of August. I've been quite busy in the past few days. Today, finally I'm able to squeeze out some time to blog. I celebrated Independence Day with a slightly different activity this year. I actually went to Putrajaya to watch Merdeka Parade for the first time, after 21 years living in Malaysia. I'm quite ashamed with it.

It was a hot sunny day in the morning when we reach the place at about 7:30am. With me were Zbjernak, WeeSeng (with his partner, Diong) and Kevin. There were some stalls selling food and drinks.

We took lots of photographs. That's the major activity there, besides eating. Here's a few photos.

A kid waiting eagerly
Flag of Malaysia
Flags of states in Malaysia
Spent around 5 hours there before we left for Alamanda Putrajaya (again) for lunch. The FIRST truly patriotic event I've ever been to.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home