EngLee's Path

A blog about Eng Lee's life, a freelance programmer in Royal Klang Town (Malaysia).


Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Always Look at the Pump!


Last weekend, when I was refueling my new Proton Saga at Esso Jalan Tun Razak, something bad happened. No, not the whole thing exploded. The petrol overflowed my petrol tank and made the floor flooded with petrol. It's the fullest tank I've ever had, I must say.

As usual, after I made the payment with my credit card, I put in the nozzle into the petrol tank of my car. I would then walk away as I hate the smell of petrol. As I look at the meter, it is approaching RM80.00, and still it's not full. Then, as it approached RM89.00, one of the petrol station attendant rushed to my car to stop the nozzle.

At that time only I realised that the floor began to flood with petrol. It took a while for the attendant to clean the place and my car.

It's the most expensive petrol my car ever had. Moral of the story (for you guys out there), always look at the nozzle when you are refueling, especially when the oil is so damned expensive now. Though it's the nozzle malfunctioned, but they are not going to pay you for your lost.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At Monday, June 30, 2008 11:32:00 PM, Blogger Lim Fang-Yin said…

    My dad also encountered this before, but he successfully claimed some little refund (but he said the refund isn't enough to cover his loss). My dad has a thick face when comes to fighting customer's right, maybe you can try that when you encounter something similar again

     
  • At Monday, June 30, 2008 11:56:00 PM, Blogger EngLee said…

    I'll just pray that I won't encounter again, rather than trying to fight for that little money that will never cover the loss.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home