EngLee's Path

A blog about Eng Lee's life, a freelance programmer in Royal Klang Town (Malaysia).


Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Kuala Lumpur Power Run 2006


The second run after my long rest turned out to be a hard time for me. I had too much at the buffet dinner that celebrating my best friend's birthday earlier night and I slept for only 4 hours.

The run was flagged off at 7:30am and I'm still not done with my stretching because I spent a long time in the public toilet (caused by the buffet dinner). All the way, I felt my body burning hot. Not the usual feeling I would feel during runs. Probably caused by sleep late, I guess.

The route was not a good one. It started with house area, which I'm quite comfortable with, followed by highways. I hate that. I hate to run with lorries and cars. Sometimes, I even had to hold my breath to avoid inhaling those dark smoke. Can't the organiser find a better route?

This tough 10km quarter marathon took me 1 hour and 6 minutes to finish. Though not qualified for anything, I'm happy that my right knee didn't really feel pain at the end of the run (just very slight of the weird feeling I said earlier, which is much better). I'm sure it will be better if I prepare myself better next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home