EngLee's Path

A blog about Eng Lee's life, a freelance programmer in Royal Klang Town (Malaysia).


Sunday, January 08, 2006

Astro Wah Lai Toi Drama Award for 2005


I've just attended The Astro Drama Award for Year 2005 held at Sunway Pyramid Convention Center. I would say that it's definitely a great experience to be there, not to mention that we were sitting on the 4th row from the stage just now. (Thanks to Yin for the tickets. We look forward for more such tickets!).

All the Hong Kong drama stars were being seated at the front row. It followed by our local artists at the second row. We (my girlfriend and I) were actually at a very close distance from them. In that kind of situation, we have some kind of weird feeling when we were so near to those artists that we normally see in TV, especially for people like me that don't always go for concerts. Guess you understand what I mean.

Everything during the night was great except for an auntie who took photo with those Hong Kong artists. I know that it's OK for her to take photo with them. But, guess what, she asked Chi Lam (Julian Cheung) to stand up and take photo for her with Charmaine Sheh. That didn't end there. She then asked Ron Ng to take another photo. I can see that they felt so ashamed when they had stood up in front of their fans to take photo for her with other artists.

Something that I was wondering all the while, what they normally do (in a live show) when we see advertisements in TV? For the very first time to attend such kind of live show, I learned that they are actually giving some information to us (the audience) on what's coming up next and what we should do. And that's why we can see in TV that everything can go so smoothly during the show.

I must admit that I really had a great time there as part of the event. Watching such on my own eyes is so much better than through TV!

8 Comments:

  • At Sunday, January 08, 2006 11:45:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    no pics,dude?

     
  • At Sunday, January 08, 2006 1:28:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It was even worse than last year. If I'm the HK star, I'd be embarassed to attend such an event. Except Roger Kwok, Chi Lam and Myolie Wu, others are not professional and selamba only.

     
  • At Monday, January 09, 2006 12:10:00 AM, Blogger EngLee said…

    Anonymous,

    I guess Astro's photo gallery will provide better photos. For the moment, it has not been published. Patience!

    --

    Jim,

    I think they came because of the agreement between Astro and TVB. Also, they definitely have to come over to see their fans, since Malaysia is actually one of the main buyers of those Hong Kong series.

     
  • At Monday, January 09, 2006 1:39:00 PM, Blogger zbjernak said…

    wah i understand how u felt...
    starstrucked!
    hahahahaha...
    sometime wondering wht those artist do daily...
    is it like ours? boring..chating...and stuff??

    hahahaha

    saw michelle yeoh b4, and she was right in front of me, shaking hand with me...minus all the fans...for i used "her private" lift without knowing it was for her..until the security guard came..and then she appear...and awwww...

    see ...i m still starstrucked even it happened about 3-4 years ago

     
  • At Monday, January 09, 2006 5:44:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey eng lee, i noticed chi lam was kinda moody or sad the other day...what do u think? i believe u can see his expression since u were sitting near to him..he used to be happy and smile all this while but not on that day...wonder what's went wrong..

     
  • At Tuesday, January 10, 2006 11:59:00 PM, Blogger EngLee said…

    Zb,

    What I know is that they eat and shit like us.

    --

    Anonymous,

    Maybe I'm not observative like you, I see that he was acting like always. :)

     
  • At Wednesday, January 11, 2006 5:15:00 PM, Blogger Swarkoo said…

    wah...what a great experience..
    i went to pyramind also on that particular day..but didnt get to see any of them...

    luckily none of the audience there came up to u..and asked u..would u mind to take a photograph with me?
    or else...ur gf will chop off ur head..haha

     
  • At Thursday, January 12, 2006 2:13:00 PM, Blogger EngLee said…

    Since you were there, you should go over for the red carpet! Too bad you missed it.

    Hey, I'm nothing. Why would the audience take picture with me?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home