EngLee's Path

A blog about Eng Lee's life, a freelance programmer in Royal Klang Town (Malaysia).


Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Kuala Lumpur International Marathon 2006


After away from marathon for more than 6 months, I finally back to track last Sunday for Kuala Lumpur International Marathon (KLIM). As far as I could recall, Malaysian Airlines was the main sponsor when I went for the run in year 2000. Now, I see AmBank logo everywhere when I reached Dataran Merdeka early in the morning.

Being unprepared for the run, I thought I will not be able to finish the 10km run. Until about flag off time, I only realised that it's actually 7km. Along the way, I see my office. I see the places we hanged around when I out for lunch during working days.

Since it's only 7 km, I don't feel any pain this time. Normally, I will feel some discomfort in my knee and sometimes ankle at 8th or 9th km. Anyhow, I don't hope to feel it during this run, hoping that my knees had fully recovered.

As always, mental strength has brought me to finish line without stopping. It took around 45 minutes for me to finish 7 km. I suppose it's a bad record since 1 km should take only 5 minutes. I don't want to have my knee injured again. I'll run slowly for this and every other run.

I enjoyed the run, after such a long rest. My next run will be KL Power Run on 19 December 2006.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home