EngLee's Path

A blog about Eng Lee's life, a freelance programmer in Royal Klang Town (Malaysia).


Monday, June 09, 2008

Leaving eGENTING Soon


As most people have known, I have tendered the "letter" 2 months ago on the April Fools' day, though it's not a April Fool's joke. It's for real.

The 3-month notification is long, I must say. Excluding today, I still have 3 weeks to be in the office. If you don't do it, the time will never come.

Why I decided to leave? I have been asked the same question many times. I would like to make it clear that I am happy with the company, true from my heart. The answer to that is probably "what is keeping me busy recently?". Since more than a year ago, I began working on freelance projects. I must say, it certainly has caused my health to deteriorate. I am restless almost everyday. After spending 14 hours for work (7:00am to 9:00pm, including preparation and travelling time), I am rushing to finish the freelance projects till 1:00am, most of the days. Still, I'm not able to keep my clients happy.

In that situation, will I still be able to concentrate on my office work? Life's getting worse everyday. I can't do well both side, the office and freelance. I need to be fair to my boss (my company) and my freelance clients. And that's why I made the decision.

So, what's next? Yet another question I keep getting since 2 months ago. I don't have big ambition at this moment. My first aim is to finish up all the freelance projects in hand. I have a few of them running concurrently, mostly programming projects. Besides that, I MIGHT have a surprise move, which is not ready to announced, before I confirm anything.

Hopefully, this post will reduce the curiousity in you guys.

I hope I'll have more time for myself, and some time to blog about myself in this blog after the "day" (30 June 2008).

4 Comments:

  • At Monday, June 09, 2008 11:49:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ganbate! Do let me know if you decide that you want to go back to a full time day job :)

     
  • At Monday, June 09, 2008 12:15:00 PM, Blogger EngLee said…

    Wow, I don't mean to get a job from this post.

    However, I don't want to dismiss the possibility of getting another job after a few months (or years). I'll let you know if I am looking for one. Thanks.

     
  • At Tuesday, June 10, 2008 11:51:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I finally found someone from our club that do blogging. :)

    As long as you are happy with what you are doing, and doesn't cause trouble to yourself or others, there's no harm of trying or doing it... I think.

    May you be well and happy always! :)

     
  • At Tuesday, June 10, 2008 2:59:00 PM, Blogger EngLee said…

    Hah.. Yea. I have more than one blogs, though not active.

    Thanks for visiting.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home